|Cadmium||Carcinogen (Car Batteries)|
|Carbon Monoxide||Poisonous gas in Car Exhaust|
|Hydrogen Cyanide||Poison used in gas Chambers|
|Arsenic||White Ant Poison|
|Napthalene Dimethylnitrosamine||Moth Balls|
Source: The Times of India – Friday September 12, 2003
No ifs no buts….smoking kills. Figures available with the World Health Organisation (WHO) prove that smoking is the single largest preventable cause of death worldwide. The facts are strikingly shocking. Of everyone alive today 5,00,000,000 will eventually be killed by tobacco-use. Smoking is responsible for 90 percent of all forms of lung cancer, and 75 percent of cases involving chronic bronchitis and emphysema. Tobacco smoke contains more than 4,000 chemicals, 60 of which-including arsenic, used in ant poison; methanol, found in rocket fuel; and DDT, an insecticide-are either known or suspected to be carcinogens. The cigarette lodged between your fingertips is the stick of death. It’s time to wakeup to reality today. Tomorrow could be too late.
Top 10 Preventable Causes of Death:
- Heart disease (primarily caused by smoking)
- Cancer (primarily caused by smoking)
- Stroke (primarily caused by smoking)
- Chronic obstructive lung diseases (primarily caused by smoking)
- Sexually-transmitted diseases
- Kidney diseases (possibly induced by smoking)
- Liver diseases (possibly induced by smoking)
Smoking is the single-largest preventable cause of death worldwide (Based on WHO report For the western Pacific region).